[dba-Tech] Vivaldi

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:46:56 CDT 2016

Since I downloaded this new browser, I have been using it pretty much
non-stop. My main box is a laptop with an external monitor, and I run
Vivaldi on the local screen and Chrome on the external.

Vivaldi intends to be the browser of choice for "internet power users". I
guess I fall into that category. The UI is definitely optimized for
net-savvy users; newbies might be overwhelmed by its apparent bareness, and
not discover the treasures hidden within.

I think this is a significant step forward in the evolution of the browser.
Not to get too carried away, but I'm reminded of Stephen Jay Gould's notion
of Punctuated Equilibrium,a subtle but significant refinement of Darwin's
original hypothesis -- infinitesimal graduations until suddenly there
occurs a significant leap. Vivaldi might be a case in point; a summation of
what's gone before, a tweak here and there, and suddenly, a whole new beast
is born.

--
Arthur