[dba-Tech] Moving and deleting files

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Apr 14 08:04:55 CDT 2016

Hi Rocky

It runs pretty much the same, except if it is very disk intensive and that disk is a vhd on a physical drive. If the data drive is a network drive or an SSD, there isn't much of a difference.
For fast database activity like SQL Server you should attach a dedicated physical or an iSCSI connected "physical" disk.

/gustav