[dba-Tech] Adobe InDesign to pdf

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Mon Aug 8 16:24:11 CDT 2016

I think I found the culprit.

Back story, here.  The printer uses cmyk color space, of course, while
most of my graphics are in rgb color space.  With the printer's
representative, we set up a preset just for preparing pdfs for them,
because we all thought that might produce better quality photos in the
paper.  Well, the problem is inside that one (and it really wasn't
helping any, either).

I switched to the high quality compression and ran a trial - this time I
got a pdf of about 12 MB, whereas the one that was created from the
printer's preset was over 600MB!. Holy Toledo!

Since when I package the InDesign project and send it off to my graphics
guy for the ads, he then recreates a final pdf and it's always a
reasonable size - even though I know he got the monster pdf from me.

I'm much happier, today, since I made that switch.

Thank you for responding,

TNF

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields-at-torchlake-dot-com