[dba-Tech] Faster SSH data transfer

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 29 23:53:43 CDT 2016

Hi All:

Just saw this posting and have done some initial tests using the recommended acceleration techniques and it works. :-)

Right now it only works within my network but with an appropriate high-speed ISP connection, the bandwidth could be maxed out. I have not done any recording of the speed increases but according to the article, speeds of about 2.5 times can be achieved. The SSH technique uses hardware acceleration to increase performance. If not already implemented, SSL through OpenVPN should get performance and probable a steadier remote connection. (I guess both remote and host machines would have to be 64bit with hyper-visor capabilities.)

http://bit.ly/2bWj5RB