[dba-Tech] The war is over

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 3 12:52:27 CST 2016

I finished up teaching a Linux class and another much better qualified tech has taken over for the rest of the semister and will probably continue through to the end of the year. I provided the basics and the history. One of the fellows was wondering if the college should not be spending more time on Microsoft products than Linux products. I noted that this class, five years ago, was a pure Microsoft class, but the ecosystem of Linux is probably a thousand times the size of Windows and if anyone wanted a job at Microsoft you had better have your Linux certification ready.

Below is an interesting article on the state of affairs in our computing world:

http://computerworld.com/article/3144063/open-source-tools/open-source-has-won-and-microsoft-has-surrendered.html
http://bit.ly/2gSF52u