[dba-Tech] MICROSOFT Lumia 950 Dual

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Feb 6 02:26:34 CST 2016

 Hi All --

Thank you everybody who replied to this topic.

It's a pity Cortana isn't supported when Russia or Denmark or many other countries of this world are set as a WinPhone (e.g. Lumia 950) home region.

I wanted to write a small WinPhone app for my own use controlled by a few voice commands and I thought Cortana would be helpful to start with to investigate the available options.
I did read Jim's note on open source promising solution - but I need solution in a near future.

I'm currently looking for .NET technologies to be used in WinPhone apps for voice recognition - Windows 10 guides are here -  https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/apps/xaml/mt244352.aspx , and voice recognition sample for Win10  universal apps is here  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/mt185615.aspx..  .

Thank you.

-- Shamil