[dba-Tech] Use an OS SaaS compliant application

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 6 11:46:01 CST 2016

"What is SaaS?

SaaS, or Software as a Service, describes any cloud service where consumers are able to access software applications over the internet. The applications are hosted in “the cloud” and can be used for a wide range of tasks for both individuals and organisations..."

There is now a open source program which can be hosted on your own network or migrated/integrated to the Cloud (A Digital Ocean droplet for example). The application can be installed locally, compiled natively or run through a Container (single key deployment). It runs on all major platforms and the application is called Mattermost.

Check it out...a very impressive and comprehensive application: http://www.mattermost.org/

I have installed the app on one of my MS and Ubuntu servers and it seems to b working well.