[dba-Tech] Project management software sharing

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 09:35:20 CST 2016

I received the following from a reader and I'm not going to be much help. I
was hoping someone might have a good recommendation. After chatting with him
just a bit, I learned that sharing is the main issue and they don't want to
rely on the Internet - so no web-based apps. I've worked with some project
management software, but always as a single user. Thanks for your thoughts.
- Susan H.

".we are looking for an easy to use project management tool to manage a
project with turnkey equipment suppliers from Europe, the client in China,
and the mani team based in Edinburgh. The internet is a real problem in
China so anything that is web-based is a non-starter. Microsoft project
looks like a good solution and being popular we would imagine we can get
support for it to be set-up for us. Can you recommend anything else and is
this the type of work you could help us with?"