[dba-Tech] New long term storage technology

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Mar 4 02:41:07 CST 2016

 Gustav --

I have just noticed this news source - Sputnik - has Russian financial roots (Jim also referred it) - it could be wrong with physics, I should have noticed that :)

Let's try to calculate - they inform the new computers will use/control photons, IOW light - would that let to increase the speed (frequency) of computers we have now 10 million times? - if they will use UV lasers then it seems to be possible? We can assume that nowadays computers have 1-4 GHz (10^9 Hz) frequency and UV-Lasers have 10^16 Hz frequency.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you.

-- Shamil

P.S. And as you know there are X-Rays and Gamma-Rays with even higher frequency -  http://tinyurl.com/orb8f48  ...