[dba-Tech] That's where NoSQL Comes in...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Mar 8 01:20:33 CST 2016

 Hi Jim and Hans --

I just wanted to e-mail this link to myself for my records :) ...

Well, if it appeared here I should add that I have done some R&D during last week with MongoDB running on MS Windows. And I like it. Its' very flexible  and it seems to be the best fit for the payroll/HRM databases I'm working on here in one of my projects ...

My only concern currently is how speedy is MongoDB comparing to MS SQL (or mySQL or other SQL Servers) for large databases. And what should be considered a large database for a MongoDB setup? Do you have any experience in this area?

Here are some inks on MongoDB databases scaling tasks and issues:

How We Scale MongoDB
http://tinyurl.com/zzff6cp
Poor performance in MongoDB sharding
http://tinyurl.com/holcrqe And Microsoft has a competing noSQL technology although it's MS Azure cloud proposal only -  http://tinyurl.com/hxxyzre  ...