[dba-Tech] re-acquiring network connectivity

Zimmer, Michael Michael.Zimmer at federalmogul.com
Mon Mar 21 09:16:10 CDT 2016

Good morning all,

I have a question for the community:

Currently we (at work) are using a MS Access 2007 database as a "sweep" PC which periodically collects data from 17 PCs running on the shop floor.
This sweep PC is connected to the network via Ethernet, however, it seems particularly vulnerable to the little network connectivity "glitches" we experience here.

For example, I came in today and sometime over the weekend there was a momentary loss of network and the sweep database stopped collecting and had to be manually re-started.  Now it is running its access VB code and picking up 3000 records.

Does anyone have a good way for a database to re-acquire the network after a brief outage? This database needs to run unattended.

Thanks,

Mike Zimmer