[dba-Tech] A new super browser

Zimmer, Michael Michael.Zimmer at federalmogul.com
Wed Mar 23 08:28:45 CDT 2016

Jim,

You "broke" windows.....I love it!   I must confess that I never thought of using server as a everyday desktop, great idea.  I might try it soon, as the specter of Windows 10 looms over us at work.

Begin rant:
 I used to like Mac OS, from the Motorola to the PowerPC to Intel, they were handy little PCs because they always worked.  Though they were not easily modified/customized they rarely caused problems and quietly soldiered on.  Now, however, looking at a Mac is like looking at a larger version of a smartphone -- all gloss and apps and very few ways to tweak the OS.  Don't even get me started on the mess that is iPhoto and iTunes!  I think it's really funny that Apple made their bones casting IBM and the PC1 as "big brother" then Microsoft as the "establishment" PC, and now, IMHO, "big brother" lives in Cupertino and controls not only the playback system but the content and delivery systems too!
End rant.

Mike