[dba-Tech] clean up

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Mar 24 21:13:45 CDT 2016

I upgraded my primary box to an SSD a few months ago.  It was pretty easy - the hardware mounted in an empty bay and I had to fiddle with the bios to make the SSD Drive C:.

There were a few software challenges but not with the SSD itself an downloading and configuring an OS and reloading all of the software I needed and the drivers to make the peripherals work - work but not rocket surgery.

It's faster than a spotted dawg.  You'll love it.  Mine's 250GB - enough for everything I need.  The old rotating primary is still in the box as drive D: but I haven't needed anything on it for a long time. But having it there means I could transfer all my old data and docs easily.

You'll love it.  And they're  pretty cheap now too.