[dba-Tech] clean up

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 22:09:55 CDT 2016

A new laptop is definitely on the list. :) Until then, might as well clean
it up the best I can, but it is much slower than it used to be. I don't know
if it's the system or just the advanced graphics and crap most sites now
employ. DH stands for dear husband and getting him to switch from IE to
Chrome would be close to impossible. He's old... he doesn't like change.
I've tried... ;) It's still running Windows 7 because Windows 10 will make
him insane. I like him to much to force that on him, but I have warned him
that it's inevitable.

Susan H.

A lot of Win7 laptops were delivered with 4G of RAM. Win7 can quickly get to
swapping with that little RAM. Microsoft ReadyBoost may help if the machine
won't accept more RAM, or you may need a new laptop.

IE before 11 is a pig, can't imagine a reason to use it. Chrome & FF are way
better.

What's a "dh"?

PB

-----