[dba-Tech] Has anyone used WinCDEnu?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat May 14 22:50:49 CDT 2016

Here is an interesting application brought to my attention via my next door neighbour...he wanted my appraisal of this product. He needs to bit copy his music DVD (He makes his own music in his studio and sells it).  The application he wants to used is called WinCDEnu:
http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/

If anyone has used this products or heard of a product that might be as good or better than WinCDEmu the information would be greatly appreciated. (He is current using Windows 7 but will be upgrading to Win10 soon.)

WinCDEmu currently only works on Windows versions without using an emulator or compatibility layer:
Microsoft Windows (incl. x64) 10/8.1/8/7/2008/Vista/2003/XP

Aside: The application is being built under the LGPL (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html) so it does require it to be Open Source. For those interested the app source code can be retrieved from:
https://github.com/sysprogs/WinCDEmu/archive/master.zip