[dba-Tech] Emergency Bulletin: Firefox 0 day vulnerability

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:18:12 CST 2016

]We're sending out this unscheduled emergency bulletin
[https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2016/11/emergency-bulletin-firefox-0-day-wild/?utm_source=list&utm_campaign=113016&utm_medium=email]
to alert you that there is a 0 day vulnerability in the wild that
affects Firefox web browsers and the Tor browser bundle. The
vulnerability emerged a few hours ago.

We recommend you temporarily switch to a non-firefox based browser
until the Firefox dev team has a chance to release a fix. That should
happen quite quickly.

We would like to encourage you to share this alert with the larger web
community. It's unusual for us to send out a non-WordPress related
vulnerability, but the impact of this may be wide-spread. We also
suspect that WordPress websites may be used as a watering hole to
infect vulnerable web browsers using this new exploit.

Full details on our blog...
[https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2016/11/emergency-bulletin-firefox-0-day-wild/?utm_source=list&utm_campaign=113016&utm_medium=email

Regards,

Mark Maunder
Wordfence Founder & CEO

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a
well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting "What a great ride!"