[dba-Tech] pronounciation

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Oct 11 19:14:47 CDT 2016

Microsoft have done a lot things wrong over the years :)

The official standard, ISO /IEC  9075-1, consistently uses "an, not "a" as the indefinite article
before "SQL".   If it were pronounces "sequel", the indefinte article used would have been "a"

e.g.

"1.  This part of ISO/IEC 9075 describes the conceptual framework used in other parts of
ISO/IEC 9075 to specify the grammar of SQL and the result of processing statements in that
language by an SQL-implementation."

Which goes right back to "a .iso image" or "an .iso image"

--
Stuart