[dba-Tech] FireFox

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Oct 28 01:26:29 CDT 2016

Not a beginners tool at all.  It was designed as a a self-contained, embeddable,
zero-configuration SQL database engine for stand alone applications and it does that better
than anything else available.

If the database and the interfaces to the DLL it are properly designed, it has no problem
working with quite large datasets.

I just checked and the largest .sqlite file used by FF on my PC is a bit over 200MB and
contains about 30,000 records.   Using SQLite manager, I  ran a select which returned 123 of
those 30,000 records in 69 milliseconds.