[dba-Tech] Cross Posted - What to use to create a virtual machine with linux

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 30 10:40:42 CDT 2016

To all,

I have always been a windows user, only ever dabbling with unix/linux for a
short while years back when on a C programming course.  However I hear more
and more about linux and would like to have a look especially as I am
thinking of starting my own business next year when I get some inheritence
come through, so would like to get used to both systems etc, I am also
currently teaching myself other languages such as C#, HTML/HTML5/CSS,
ASP.net and also topping up my VB.net knowledge....Then I plan on learning
PHP, Python, Ruby and R but anyway I am drifting off topic in my
dreamworld.....

So basically could anyone tell me the best way to create a virtual machine
(so many options on the web) and what version of linux is the best to work
with.

Many many thanks in advance for any help on this.

--
Paul Hartland
paul.hartland at googlemail.com