[dba-Tech] New Firefox

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 9 13:56:41 CDT 2016

According to what I understand, the new Firefox is apparently taking advantage of the new programming capabilities and hardware.

...The use of true multi-tasking across multiple cores and taking advantage of hardware acceleration both in the CPU and GPU. Things like real-time graphic, sound and even program compression and decompression are allowing far greater performance.

Of course we will be able to test the various FF version upgrades in the next few months and see if all the hype is really justified.