[dba-Tech] HP printer toast after latest Windows 10 update

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 05:57:08 CDT 2016

After applying the latest Windows 10 update, our Dell Book won't connect to
the printer - an older HP Deskjet 2050 series. I've done everything I can
think of including uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. The Dell sees
it and lists it, but when I try to print it says the printer isn't
connected.

HP site is no help. I've done a bit of research and found others with the
same problem. I plan to use a Windows 10 laptop today. I figure if the
laptop connects, I'll know for certain it's a problem with the Book.

Any help/suggestions?

Thanks!

Susan H.