[dba-Tech] Most Brand Name Routers Are Lemons, Claims New Study

Dan Waters df.waters at outlook.com
Thu Aug 17 10:24:54 CDT 2017

Here's a test if you want to do it.

On a colder day when the outside temp won't exceed 78F, turn on your home furnace until the temp gets to about 80F and keep it there for a couple of hours.  Does that cause an issue?  Now take the modem and set it on top of one of your air ducts to make sure that it gets warmer than 80F then plug it back in to see if things work.  Most electronics are designed to work at 120F or maybe higher so the modem should be working fine.  If things work under those conditions then a problem outside is much more likely.

>From what you're saying, it's just the outside temp that causes the problem.

Good Luck!
Dan