[dba-Tech] Web app discussion

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 18:18:19 CDT 2017

Okay... I get the premise now. I had no problem connecting PowerApps to my Access Web App and displaying the data in a data table. I couldn't however, get data to preview in a form -- so I'm not sure what step I'm missing. After 4 hours of yard work, I'm too tired to pursue it. 😊

Thank you Gustav, this is the first time upgrading an Access Web App to PowerApps has made sense.

Susan H.

Hi John

What they try to tell us is, that PowerApps offers "connectors" of which there are quite a few:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/connections-list/#all-connections

which allows you much easier to combine data from very diverse sources than if you had to program these interfaces the traditional way.

You may say, that this idea is what was behind the first versions of Access (those versions that could link data from all dBase versions, Lotus, Excel, Paradox, SQL Server, ODBC, etc.) only at a higher level.

Not a bad idea, though "instantly" is very much up to the sources, and " actionable decision" is up to you.

/gustav