[dba-Tech] How to remove a directory when access is denied

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 07:38:28 CDT 2017

I recently had a headhunter (I'm always looking for simple spots without a lot of stress) ask me to list years of experience with Office -- I said... "I was using those apps before they were part of a suite." She hadn't a clue what I meant. 😊

Arthur, at the risk of getting ugly about this -- have you considered reformatting and starting over or... is it possible that you have a System Restore date that old?

Susan H.

Gustav: you might be right, but as regards "faster", if you mean fewer than
24 hours, OK.

Susan: you have no idea how many traces are left by a simple Uninstall; they number into the thousands.

Maybe if I could figure out how to boot not into Windows but just the command line, then maybe I could do what I wish. But I don't know how to do that.

All I want to do is nuke everything connected to "Microsoft SQL Server" and its entire tree, so I can start over and install the various virgins one at a time. This is necessary because a couple of gigs I'm applying for want skills in SQL 2008. Wow. It's 2017! I understand that corporations move slowly, but wow. There was even one ad that wanted skills in SQL 2000.
Maybe I should revise my resumé to include my early days in FORTRAN and COBOL. Jesus. Some of these recruiters haven't even heard of the modern languages such as JavaScript, not to mention its numerous libraries. These recruiters are at least forty years younger than I, and still haven't a clue.