[dba-Tech] Bitcoins

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri May 26 12:59:28 CDT 2017

Hi All:

Interest with Bitcoin has been surging. The latest value of the digital currency is over $3K. Two of the main reasons for this is that the Chinese government has taken on the Transaction Banking of the coinage, so transactions are fast and the currency is protected from hacking and thieving and that much of the far east has embraced Bitcoins as a parallel currency. For example Japan. Rest assured it wouldn't be long before Europe follows suit.

Aside: I am a bit disappointed that our western nations did not pick up the ball. In fact the state of Florida actually banned the currency(?).

There is now a Linux distro specifically designed for managing a person's personal Bitcoin wallets and transactions. Here is a link to an overview:
https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=bitkey

You can download the ISO from: https://bitkey.io/

At least the product was created by a team of fellows in the US.

Note: The release only comes in a 64bit version. Assuming you are a Linux guru, you could always download the source and recompile it into a 32bit version. ;-)