[dba-Tech] hard drive failure - maybe - diagnostic

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Nov 12 02:50:39 CST 2017

Hi Tina

If you regularly can defrag the drive, there is probably nothing wrong with the harddisk.

Make a backup of the user data and reinstall Windows to get rid of all the old stuff - you could even upgrade to Windows 10 to get a speedier machine. And replace the harddisk with an SSD If you wish to spend some good money.

In no normal user scenario Windows Firewall should be left switched off.

/gustav