[dba-Tech] Display Problem

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Apr 26 11:12:48 CDT 2018

Dear List(s):

My system has become unstable in the last couple of months, I've been living
with it but it's reached the point where I have to fix this.

Problem: won't wake up properly from Sleep mode - whether it goes there from
timeout or I put it there. The displays remain blank and I have to cold
boot.

Today I got a blue screen with a helpful error message the top half of which
is shown here:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/video-tdr-failure-atikmpag-sys-windows-
10-solved/

https://tinyurl.com/y87svevc

and farther down a reference to atikmpag.sys and stopcode Video TDR Failure.

Googling atikmpag.sys I get several hits which look good - a known problem
with recommended fixes. All three in addition to DIY instructions recommend
downloading their automatic driver updater.  I think this is a good idea but
am a little wary of auto driver updaters.

The ones I see are Driver Easy, Reimage Plus from Appuals
(https://appuals.com/video_tdr_failure-atikmpag-sys-windows-8-110/), and
Driver Sweeper
(http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2193007/windows-bsod-atikmpag-sys.ht
ml)

Or does someone have a favorite driver updater?  Or should I go with one of
the DIY methods recommended on these pages (they're all very similar)

MTIA

Rocky