[dba-Tech] Star party

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 5 02:18:41 CDT 2018

Last weekend we were planing on going to the local observatory, Saturday evening, to see how my grandson would enjoy it but the hill was closed for maintenance that weekend.

On Tuesday we decided to take our telescope up to Christmas hill, a rocky little high point above the city.

That was an adventure; pitch black, small trails up the cliffs, carrying a little boy and 10 Inch home made reflector telescope. It was well worth the hike as after the Moon had set Mars, Saturn and Jupiter were within 15 degrees, looking south. We could see the rings, some moons and the storm on Jupiter. We also checked out many of the constellations and meteorite showers.

There is now one little boy who will be following his Mom's love of astronomy. (His Mom made the telescope) :-)