[dba-Tech] Skylark TV Antenna -- a Scam?

Dan Waters df.waters at outlook.com
Tue Aug 28 08:04:36 CDT 2018

Hi Arthur,

I looked up similar antennas on Amazon.  This is an ordinary HD TV antenna with a slightly higher than average price for this style of antenna.  The over-the-top ad itself makes it sound like a scam but it's not.

But - I am currently using an FM wire antenna on one of my TV's and the reception is just fine.  I do live about 10 miles from the HDTV broadcast antenna  in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area so my reception should be pretty good anyway.

I searched for an FM wire antenna on Amazon - try this: https://www.amazon.com/Fancasee-Antenna-Connector-Coaxial-Receiver/dp/B07BW3Q794/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1535459216&sr=8-10&keywords=fm+antenna+wire.

After all, an antenna isn't magic - it's fundamentally just a piece of metal connected to your TV.

Good Luck!
Dan