[dba-Tech] Alternatives to MS Office

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 11:51:14 CST 2018

LibreOffice has a version of Basic (LibreOffice Basic) built into it.

I don't know how extensive or feature rich it is compared to VBA, but
there is something there.

It also has an API that you can use to control LO from an outside application.

https://helponline.libreoffice.org/latest/en-US/text/sbasic/shared/01010210.html?&DbPAR=WRITER&System=WIN

Ohh, and I just saw that they do support "a large portion of the
common usage patterns" of VBA.

https://helponline.libreoffice.org/latest/en-US/text/sbasic/shared/vbasupport.html?&DbPAR=WRITER&System=WIN