[dba-Tech] Boot-up problems

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 17 10:30:05 CST 2018

On 2/17/2018 5:17, Arthur Fuller wrote:
> I checked the keyboard and all seems well. The beeps are uninterrupted by
> pauses, do I'm guessing that Gustav is right. When I do take it in, I'll
> mention that. Any idea what is involved in replacing the BIOS, and how much
> money I'm looking at, if that is the problem?

Easy to check the wee hard drive. Find instructions online for removing
the hard drive. Put it in a USB enclosure, connect it to another 'puter,
run diagnostics on it. If it's bad, but a replacement, clone and replace
in the machine.

PB

-----

> Arthur
>
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 6:55 PM, Rocky Smolin <rockysmolin at bchacc.com>
> wrote:
>
>> That would be too easy :).  Arthur, do you have another keyboard you could
>> swap in for a test?

>>> 2 beeps         Memory (RAM) not detected
>>> 3 beeps         Motherboard failure
>>> 4 beeps         Memory (RAM) failure
>>> 5 beeps         CMOS Battery failure
>>> 6 beeps         Video card failure