[dba-Tech] Windows 10 download service

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 07:00:11 CDT 2018

Hi everyone! I use Edge on a Windows 10 64-bit system. At least two times
(that I can remember) in the last few weeks, I've closed the browser and
received a confirmation dialog -- something to the effect that files are
downloading and I will lose them. I've not been downloading files so I've
closed the browser, and I just thought it was an error. I don't have any
reason to believe that I've been hacked or anything, but if it happens
again, I would like to check Task Manager to see if something actually is
downloading before closing Edge. I'd also like to check periodically when
Edge is open, just to make sure.

I ran a quick search trying to determine what Windows service to look for,
but I'm just finding links for how to download Windows 10 and other
third-party downloading products. I've tried rewording the request, using
different keywords, but I'm not hitting it right. Can someone help me out?

Thanks!
Susan H.