[dba-Tech] sudden copy slkowness

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 5 11:21:55 CDT 2018

On 6/4/2018 2:22, Jim Lawrence wrote:
> Hi Peter:
>
> One time, I had a switch fail but that would be incredible unusual.

Right, other 'puters are using that switch and they're still OK.
Changing the R5 cable made no diff.
> I have had trouble, a while back, when trying to connect old Windows OSs that still use SMB version 1-3 as it has been disabled in Windows 10 and the newer servers.
>
> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2696547/how-to-detect-enable-and-disable-smbv1-smbv2-and-smbv3-in-windows-and
> http://bit.ly/2Jlho15
>
> I have no idea whether that is your issue but it sounds like it could be.

Thanks. According to that MSoft article, Win 7 SMB is v1 only, so it
seems there's nothing to do on that front.

I fooled around with "advanced" NIC properties and got back to 30% of
its previous performance. I'm going to try replacing the NIC.

PB