[dba-Tech] Microsoft now owns Github

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 5 13:55:40 CDT 2018

Hi Dan:

If you are heavily into the open source and high-end developers trade, this is where they go. The developers, use the site as part of their resumes (it is essential if moving up the ladder), share new concepts (proof of concept) and get other developers interested in projects (a lot of collaborative projects are assembled there long before we, as the general population see them...there is hardly a new app or application created, in the last ten years that did not first start there).

For any programming company, Github is gold. This is where company's get their unicorn's (super developers) and research solutions to tough development problems. There is always an answer and the personal to build it, somewhere in the world.

Microsoft would not be where it is today, would not be embracing Linux and would not have the top line staff it has if not for Github.

Today, virtually every new concept or development advancements, in the computing industry, has it beginning in Github.