[dba-Tech] How To Use the GitLab

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 7 12:44:34 CDT 2018

How to get started with Gitlab. One-Click Install Image to Manage Git Repositories on a Cloud instance.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-the-gitlab-one-click-install-image-to-manage-git-repositories
https://do.co/2sPxaXx

>From my personal point-of-view, installing Github on Ubuntu 18.04, on Windows 10 should be fun.

Introduction

GitLab CE, or Community Edition, is an open source application primarily used to host Git repositories, with additional development-related features like issue tracking. It is designed to be hosted using your own infrastructure, and provides flexibility in deploying as an internal repository store for your development team, publicly as a way to interface with users, or even open as a way for contributors to host their own projects.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-and-configure-gitlab-on-ubuntu-16-04
https://do.co/2JteS5p

Note: the documentation says Ubuntu 16.04 but 18.04 is fully compatible. Also Gitlab is fully installable on your Raspberry PI 3. :-)

https://hackernoon.com/create-your-own-git-server-using-raspberry-pi-and-gitlab-f64475901a66
http://bit.ly/2Jxda6q