[dba-Tech] Question about such tools as WordPress

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 17 12:45:17 CDT 2018

Nowadays, a website has to go beyond just a standard rigid formatting. The pages have to be adaptive to the devices they will be shown on; PC, tablets or most likely these days, cell phone...in multiple directions. Then more pictures and videos have become standard and this also has to be completely adaptive.

A good website, today, is a major construction, much more complex than anything I used to do. That said, if a good website is designed it is really easy to drag and drop an article into a page as it mostly formats itself.

I am sure all these online newspapers can crank out a well formatted articles with little effort as all the design structure is in place.

A writer or reporter can update an article from anywhere just using their laptop or cell phones...easy peasy.

No wonder good web-designers are paid very well.