[dba-Tech] Deleting your Facebook account

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:54:59 CDT 2018

I have downloaded my FB data.  And looked it all over.  All pretty
boring stuff at least for other people.  I enjoyed looking at all my
pictures, posts and comments again. In a 115MB zip file. I keep
wondering what everybody else has to hide that they are all up in arms
about.  Who cares if I like a certain musician or a particular
restaurant or golf course?  I've always been pretty mindful with
keeping my security settings restrictive and have never used Facebook
apps or used FB to sign onto other websites etc as that seemed to be a
gaping hole.  I post pictures of my cats. I post pictures of food I
create.  I post stories about my golfing escapades.  I don't do
politics. I don't do religion.  I enjoy reading other peoples day in
the life stories and seeing pictures of my friends and families
animals and children and such.

And anyone who thinks that every single keystroke or mouse move you
make on EVERY website you visit isn't stored somewhere and analyzed is
naive.  Have a look at GOOGLE ANALYTICS and ADOBE ANALYTICS and the
like.