[dba-Tech] Google Drive Frustration

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu May 24 11:41:16 CDT 2018

Dear Lists:

I used Google Drive to store my pictures and backups of files I use - word
docs, spreadsheet, access apps, etc.

Recently something changed and it started storing stuff I didn't want stored
so I tried deleting everything, checking that the folder on my comp that I
wanted to sync with Google Drive was the only thing checked.

I have 100GB space and 77GB in my google drive folder. I resynced and ended
up with 53GB in my Google Drive.  I don't know what's missing but the
syncing of recently used files which I drop into the Google Drive folder
doesn't seem to be syncing.

When I open Google Drive it shows no files but a search will find them.

IOW, it's all hosed up.  So I want to delete that drive and account and
totally and recreate - start over.  The help says 1) Open the setting app
(good), 2) Tap Accounts.  But there's no Accounts to tap! So that's where I
stop with THAT approach.

So I'm stuck.

How do I get from here to there?

MTIA