[dba-Tech] SSD Pricing

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 13:29:44 CDT 2018

Amazon.com has 1TB SSD drives from Samsung, WD, Seagate, Crucial,
Sandisk and Mushkin for between $149 and $169 USD.

500 GB drives are about $85 USD.

I have SSD drives on my two main desktops, a 250GB on this one and a
500GB on the other one in my office but I also have spinning disks on
each machine as well - a 1TB drive I believe on this one and a 5TB on
the other one.  Just data on the spinning disks, music on this one and
mostly photos and video on the 5TB in the office.

My notebook computer has a 500 GB SSD.

The main performance benefit in my opinion is on the boot drive and
some document files on each of the SSD drives of course.

GK

GK