[dba-Tech] SSD Pricing

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 15:52:50 CDT 2018

$50 isn't a bad price for that.  You need to both drives mounted
somewhere.  SO you will need an open drive slot OR you would use an
external drive bay of some kind to attach  the drive to the computer
and then you would use software - the drive company would likely
provide the software to do the copy.  But you need to have both the
old and the new dirves in the same system somehow to do it.  And it
will take some time.  Half hour or an hour maybe.  It's certainly
doable on your own though.  I've not switched SSD to SSD but have
switched Rotating to rotating and rotating to SSD a few times and it's
not really hard.  Have to jump through some hoops most of us are not
used to.  Creating disk partitions and such.  Good to have a second
system available to investigate options as you go if you run into a
question but the system should be usuable until you switch the cables
after the new drive is deemed ready to use.