[dba-Tech] SSD Pricing

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Thu Oct 11 11:37:08 CDT 2018

You can, and some SSDs come with software and an accessory kit to do just that. If you only have a laptop, without an external connector, you are of course restricted to the USB method.

But it's recommended by some manufacturers (and much faster BTW) to mount the drive with the same type of channel as the boot drive. IOW, in almost every case, connect via a secondary SATA cable. The added benefit is that you clone the drive, turn off the machine, pull the SATA from the original and start the machine for a live test. Eezy, peezy.