[dba-Tech] HTML question

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 17 11:58:56 CDT 2018

On 10/17/2018 8:12, Susan Harkins wrote:
> I edit a lot of simple html files and the quotes are a nuisance. I know how to fix them but I'd rather bypass them altogether. Is there anything I can add to the header/style information that would render quotes as is, regardless of the quote character? It would be so much easier to just accommodate them than have to find and change them. FWIW, the template I use does support css, but I know less about it than html!

Html without css is like math without algebra, without it nothing can be
generalised. Css is learn-as-you go, doesn't require proficiency to
start making your html coding more efficient.

Example of css quote management:
https://css-tricks.com/almanac/properties/q/quotes/

>   😊 The grand thing about both is you don't have to be an expert to get results, but I do believe I'm working harder than I should. 😊
>
> While we're on the subject, I use Brackets -- it's very good for free. But, I can't select text and choose a tag. I have to type a tag and then cut/paste the closing tag because I'm formatting existing text. It would be much easier to right-click the text, choose or type a tag and have the editor place the tags appropriately. Otherwise, it's a great editor--but I spend a lot of time reformatting text.

I don't know Brackets, you might like https://htmleditor.tools/, WYSIWYG
on one side, code on the other. Notice the tag manager.

PB