[dba-VB] Data Connection to a text file

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Wed Aug 20 08:23:09 CDT 2003

To all,

I have managed to create a connection to an Access Database like so :

Function OpenDataConnection() As ADODB.Connection
    Set OpenDataConnection = New ADODB.Connection
    OpenDataConnection.CursorLocation = adUseClient
    OpenDataConnection.Open "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & pubstrDatabase & ";"
End Function

Where a user can select the Access Database they want to connect to, but I can't see to do the same to connect to a text file....Is it possible to connect to a text file in this way ?

Thanks for any help in advance.....

Paul Hartland