[dba-VB] Calling SQL Stored Procedure From Visual Basic 6

Christian, Lorraine LChristian at MassMutual.com
Wed Dec 31 12:15:45 CST 2003

Hi there!

Not be near my source code.  Would something like this help?

Public Sub AutoNumber()

    Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command

    cmd.ActiveConnection = myConn2
    cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
    cmd.CommandText = "NBPHI.NEXT_INTVW_ID_NR"

    cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter(, adInteger, adParamOutput)
    cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter(, adInteger, adParamOutput)

    cmd.Execute
    iErrorResponse = cmd.Parameters(0).Value

    If cmd.Parameters(0).Value = 0 Then
        intKey = cmd.Parameters(1).Value
    Else
        MsgBox "An error occured creating this record.  Contact your support", vbCritical
    End If

End Sub

HTHs

Lorraine