[dba-VB] OT:SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessDir)

Mark L. Breen subs at solution-providers.ie
Tue Jul 1 03:17:17 CDT 2003

Hello Richard,

I do not know what SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessDir does, but the following may
help,

Also, are you aware of the app.path command ?

HTH,

Mark Breen
Ireland

    strFile = Right(Dir$(gstrDirectory & "\*.txt"), 57) ' 57 is the length
of the file name
        Do Until Len(strFile) = 0
              ' Call a stored procedure to insert the filename and client
name into the table
              strSQL = "sp_AddPIDFileName '" & gstrDirectory & "', '" &
strFile & "' "

              'We will need this recordset to get the data from the database
              Dim rstFileName As New ADODB.Recordset

              'now set up the recordset
              rstFileName.CursorLocation = adUseClient
              rstFileName.CursorType = adOpenStatic
              rstFileName.LockType = adLockBatchOptimistic
              rstFileName.Open strSQL, gccnn, , , adCmdText
            'Get the next file
            strFile = Dir$
        Loop 'Len(strFile) > 0