[dba-VB] Muliple-step operation error - VB6 FE SQL BE

Mark L. Breen subs at solution-providers.ie
Wed Jul 2 04:34:23 CDT 2003

Hello Paul,

I think that the multiple step message is what VB sends us when SQL sends it
an error.  IE, VB does not try to accurately interpet the SQL error message.

What I sometimes do when I have this problem is do the work in the table
view or in QA, BTW, do you use VID for you DB design and building work?

I think that you may have No Nulls set for the numeric, that may explain why
it does not let you save a blank

Let us know

Mark