[dba-VB] Serial Communications - Cross Posted VB and Access

Mark L. Breen subs at solution-providers.ie
Fri Mar 28 13:29:43 CST 2003

Hello All,

I have to receive serial communications from a scanner and compare it to the data that was just printed.  I have downloaded a few different bits of software from www.planet-source-code.com that all work to a lesser or greater extent.

Basically, at this stage I can receive data from the serial port.  However, the client is happy to purchase an OCX or some other such tools to enhance the reliability of this project.  There are a few utilities out there for between Euro 100 and Euro 500.

The purpose of this email is to ask you guys have you used any such tools or utilities and if so, would you care to pass on the details?

To state my question again, I can listen to the serial port now, but I just wondered was there some brialliant piece of software that I simply should not ignore.

As usual,

thanks in advance for your time and attention,

Mark Breen
Solution Providers
Ireland