[dba-VB] Closing an application

Francisco Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Sun Mar 2 19:51:01 CST 2003

hm, wininet.dll, I dim a control as Inet (or rather the original author
did). I then "Unload ME" for the form....
The jist is... call the .exe, it AUTO-CHECKS w/o the need of the user
clicking a button, but does provide feedback to show what the heck it is
doing... once done it launches the app and unloads itself, but it must be
this "leak" that is causing problems.. I have VB6 SP5 applied, but I suppose
this problem is still not fixed... as I mentioned i'm unloading the FORM,
not the contorl and all I want to do is kill the app once it is done.. but
of course I would not want it to harvest any memory from the OS once gone...
it will currently run on win2K but eventually XP, and even ME... so I would
like to take care of any potential memory leaks...

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com/