[dba-VB] Active Reports for Visual Basic 6

Gary Ray GRAY at utah.gov
Fri Mar 14 09:26:49 CST 2003

Paul,

One other thing.  As you work in VB and ADO you will have to "unlearn"
some Access stuff.  One of those things may be the brackets in your SQL
statements.  I don't know if they are the problem, but they are not
required.

>>> paul.hartland at fsmail.net 03/14/03 02:42AM >>>
To all,

Has anyone had any experience with Active Reports v2.0 for Visual
Basic, if so I wondered if someone could help me with somthing (bearing
in mind I only started using it yesterday).  I have built a report using
the ADO connector and I need it to buils the recordset on the fly. So I
am trying to use the following method.....

repPersonnelByOffice.dcRptData.Recordset = "SELECT * FROM
[tblPersonnel] WHERE [FinishDate] Is Null ORDER BY [Office], [Surname]"

But I get the error Type Mismatch and the whole line gets highlighted
when I click debug.  Now I can't see anything wrong with this, can
anyone point out my mistakes please.......

Thanks in advance.

Paul Hartland

Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month
for
your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £14.99 a
month
after that.

For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free
on