[dba-VB] VB.Net

Eric Barro ebarro at afsweb.com
Sun May 2 11:24:06 CDT 2004

John,

Here's the "equivalent" code snippet for .NET

Sub GetData(CommandText as string)
    'we use the sqldata reader; for ms access use OleDBDataReader which has the same properties and syntax
    Dim myData As SQLDataReader
    'this is the corresponding connection object
    Dim myConnection As New SqlConnection(ConnectionString)
    'this is the corresponding command object
    Dim myCommand As New SqlCommand(CommandText, myConnection)

    myConnection.Open()
    'this is the corresponding rst.open statement
    myData = myCommand.ExecuteReader()

   'this is the corresponding do while not rst.eof statement
    While myData.Read()
        'and this is where we grab the recordset values and assign to form controls or variables
        myFormField.text = myData("myFieldName")
    End While

End Sub

---
Eric Barro